Rustic free form pie with stone fruit from the market, pie dough, spice mix, crystal sugar and Vanilla Chantilly cream.
- Pre heat oven to 400°F
- Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface
- Roll out pie dough to 1/4 inch thickness (Note: You may need to add more flour as you roll to prevent dough from sticking to surface or rolling pin)
(Note: Do not worry about shape or symmetry as galettes are free form. Could be a circle, rectangle, really any shape as long as it is 1/4 inch in thickness)
- Transfer to a sheet tray lined with parchment (**I think we can add the piece of parchment to the kit**)
- Slice fruit and discard core and pit
(Note: You can peel the fruit or leave the skin on. It's entirely up to you.)
- Place sliced fruit in a bowl and add sugar spice mix while using a spatula to coat the fruit.
- Add the vanilla lime juice and coat once more.
- Arrange fruit on top of pie dough leaving a one inch margin around the edge.
- To form crust, fold the one inch margin on edge up and over the fruit crimping the dough as you go around.
- Brush a little water on edge and Sprinkle with crystal sugar.
- Place inside oven and reduce temperature to 375°F and bake for 30 minutes.
- Rotate galette and bake for another 25-30 minutes.
- Galette is done when fruit is bubbling and crust is golden brown.
- Allow Galette to cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing and topping with vanilla Chantilly cream.